Carlingford Celtic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The homepage of Vitoria's only international 5 a side team

Latest topics
» CARLINGFORD CELTIC - BAR IMEL-SU - 09'00 Domingo - Hegoalde
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:36 pm by matthew

» LA QUINTA DEL PELICANO v CARLINGFORD CELTIC - Domingo - 12:00 - ALDABE
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 pm by matthew

» RESTAURANTE DORTMUND - CARLINGFORD CELTIC Domingo 14 10:45 ALDABE
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:51 pm by matthew

» CARLINGFORD CELTIC - CASA PALENCIA - DOM 7 - 12:00 - HEGOALDE
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:36 pm by matthew

» INTER GASTEIZ v CARLINGFORD CELTIC Domingo 19:00 HEGOALDE
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:25 pm by matthew

» Carlingford Celtic v Airotiv Gasteiz - Domingo 30 de Mayo - Hegoalde - 10.45
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:10 pm by Bobby on the bench

» Carlingford v La Quinta del Pelicano - Sunday 23rd at 20.15 in Pio Baroja
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:01 am by Bobby on the bench

» Congratulations every body
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm by Coach

» Casa Palencia v. Carlingford Celtic Domingo 25 Pio Baroja 16.45
Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm by matthew

Poll
calendar

buscador vuelos baratos

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain's Crack - Carlingford Celtic - Bar La Paloma

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

captaincunt

Admin

Some might say 4-6 isn't a bad result against the 3rd placed team but the truth is that 4-6 doesn't tell the whole story. I've just finished watching the game and it could have been 6-15 had it not been for the outstandingly brave heroics of Aitor. The defending from our team was poor. Well, maybe I'm being a bit harsh on defending because a few times we did get stuck in and made some tackles which the referee cruely punished us for but the most annoying thing was that they were given too much time and space on the ball when they were facing our goal in our half. The positioning of the defence was crap as they were always able to find a pass. Another annoying thing is the way 2 or 3 of their players found it so easy to run past our defence with no challenge being made nor any attempt or desire to chase and win the ball back. Lack of concentration is another thing that needs to be addressed as well as the same old complaint of communication.

I'm very disappointed with the fact that players say they have warmed up and stretched yet within 2-5 minutes of starting they are asking for a sub. If you've stretched and warmed up well enough then you shouldn't be asking for a sub so soon. So from now on we warm up together. I'll conduct the warm up and stretching session.

Our passing and control was crap, especially the passing which I thought was thoughtless and careless, there were passes when a player who passed wasn't even looking where he was passing it to. We had talked previously about the importance of keeping possession and always looking for the easy pass which means that if a pass to move upfield isn't available then we play from side to side until a pass comes available but instead we chose to try a difficult pass or be ball-greedy which resulted in us losing possession. I don't agree with the defence recieving the ball from the keeper and walking slowly upfield. I want to see a bit of urgency. The definition of a defence is to tackle, win back the ball and distribute it to a more creative player, not to walk slowly up the field waiting for an opposition player to close him down. It should be maximum 3 touches and play the pass.

We didn't have many shots on goal and the shots we did have were from ridiculous positions which were very difficult to score from. We need to think more and pass the ball and make the opposition chase us. The closing down from the midfield and forwards was disappointing. It was like kids football. It's 5 against 5 that means there is a man each for everyone so what I don't want to see is a player running from left to right chasing the ball, what I want to see is us putting mild pressure on their defender until he passes then another player puts pressure on the recipient of that pass.

2 of our goals came from simple passing build-up play which was pleasing and 2 of the other goals came from individual work which wasn't really a matter of brilliance, it was more a matter of I've got no one to pass to because no one is moving so I'll just have a shot and hope for the best.

All of their goals came from us not closing them down, letting them run past us without challenging them and giving them too much space and poor marking. It's about time everyone has a word with themselves and ask questions about their will to fight, desire and determination to win a match because yesterday and on many occasions this season I haven't seen it.

Bobby on the bench

Captain's words heard and noted.

My shout:

1. It's absolutely right that we need to get the ball out quicker and better (the two things definately go together) but to do that we need to practise - it's not going to happen overnight.

The last two training sessions have worked on this. Two weks ago we had two-touch football for a while and that would help to sharpen us up BUT we don't do it normally and it MUST become standard practise if we are going to improve.

When we train it seems we just want to have a fun knock around instead of actually TRAINING to become BETTER players. Playing a friendly game to keep fit is one thing, LEARNING TO BEAT GOOD TEAMS means we need to learn to play as a team ourselves.

How? I'm going to throw some ideas out and see what people think...

1. (this comes from a comment from Darren yesterday and watching how La Paloma play)
Maybe we should play 'two teams'. Four outfield players start as the 'titulares' for the first half and another four are the 'titulars' for the second half. Obviously they will need a break at some point during the half but this should be a programmed five minute break with one of the opposite 'titulares'.
First half one team, second half the other team, programmed sustitutions to give a player a rest. This should lead more consistent play and the building of understanding between players. Better teamwork and more intensity.

If a player feels tired after a few minutes he will soon get his 'second wind'. Right now the temptation is to ask to be subbed and that way you never hit a peak (exactly the trap I fell into this weekend).

2. Training sessions MUST include at east ten-fifteen minutes of shooting practise, corners, free kicks etc. We are shooting worse and worse and we have no idea what to do at set pieces (defending and attacking). We have to work out how to accommodate our 'guest players' into this.

3. More regular meetings. We can't all train together regularly so we need to meet more often to at least talk about how we play and create more team spirit.

OK, I've shouted. Are there any echoes?

captaincunt

Admin

goalie wrote:Captain's words heard and noted.

My shout:

1. It's absolutely right that we need to get the ball out quicker and better (the two things definately go together) but to do that we need to practise - it's not going to happen overnight.

The last two training sessions have worked on this. Two weks ago we had two-touch football for a while and that would help to sharpen us up BUT we don't do it normally and it MUST become standard practise if we are going to improve.

When we train it seems we just want to have a fun knock around instead of actually TRAINING to become BETTER players. Playing a friendly game to keep fit is one thing, LEARNING TO BEAT GOOD TEAMS means we need to learn to play as a team ourselves.

How? I'm going to throw some ideas out and see what people think...

1. (this comes from a comment from Darren yesterday and watching how La Paloma play)
Maybe we should play 'two teams'. Four outfield players start as the 'titulares' for the first half and another four are the 'titulars' for the second half. Obviously they will need a break at some point during the half but this should be a programmed five minute break with one of the opposite 'titulares'.
First half one team, second half the other team, programmed sustitutions to give a player a rest. This should lead more consistent play and the building of understanding between players. Better teamwork and more intensity.

If a player feels tired after a few minutes he will soon get his 'second wind'. Right now the temptation is to ask to be subbed and that way you never hit a peak (exactly the trap I fell into this weekend).

2. Training sessions MUST include at east ten-fifteen minutes of shooting practise, corners, free kicks etc. We are shooting worse and worse and we have no idea what to do at set pieces (defending and attacking). We have to work out how to accommodate our 'guest players' into this.

3. More regular meetings. We can't all train together regularly so we need to meet more often to at least talk about how we play and create more team spirit.

OK, I've shouted. Are there any echoes?

Couldn't agree more with that Rob. Spot on!!!

Ternero

Good Evening Everyone,

Well I have read the shout, I agree. For me mentally overall we were out there...physically...I can only speak for myself.....16 hours of binge drinking is not recommendable...even if you are gearge best. The idea of having 2 teams similiar to La paloma is not a new thing. I think it is a good thing because it takes a while to get warmed up and ready. I havent seen the video but I can imagine what it was like. I suggest if the players are up for it to maybe get together and individually talk to Lee so we can have a more global opinion. I feel that if we meet in a group it will be the same 4 of us..me included that will blab.......just a thought. PS if we were pros...we would have already fired the coach or that captain coach.....but we arent so they stay. JJ

ginger

ginger
Admin

Ternero wrote:... if we were pros...

If we were pros, some of the team would never get a game due to lack of fitness.

Ternero

I hope everyone understood the JJ is just joking. Is fitness our only problem? It is one, but not our greater problem. It is good to hear some ideas from people regarding what could be some of the issues. Let's get more from more people. Cheers gingerliscious

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum