Carlingford Celtic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The homepage of Vitoria's only international 5 a side team

Latest topics
» CARLINGFORD CELTIC - BAR IMEL-SU - 09'00 Domingo - Hegoalde
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:36 pm by matthew

» LA QUINTA DEL PELICANO v CARLINGFORD CELTIC - Domingo - 12:00 - ALDABE
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 pm by matthew

» RESTAURANTE DORTMUND - CARLINGFORD CELTIC Domingo 14 10:45 ALDABE
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:51 pm by matthew

» CARLINGFORD CELTIC - CASA PALENCIA - DOM 7 - 12:00 - HEGOALDE
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:36 pm by matthew

» INTER GASTEIZ v CARLINGFORD CELTIC Domingo 19:00 HEGOALDE
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:25 pm by matthew

» Carlingford Celtic v Airotiv Gasteiz - Domingo 30 de Mayo - Hegoalde - 10.45
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:10 pm by Bobby on the bench

» Carlingford v La Quinta del Pelicano - Sunday 23rd at 20.15 in Pio Baroja
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:01 am by Bobby on the bench

» Congratulations every body
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm by Coach

» Casa Palencia v. Carlingford Celtic Domingo 25 Pio Baroja 16.45
Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm by matthew

Poll
calendar

buscador vuelos baratos

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain's Crack - Neumaticos Iņigo - Carlingford Celtic

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

captaincunt

Admin

I was very disappointed with the result and performance yesterday. I thought we could have given them more of a game. I know for a fact that we can play much better than that but yesterday's performance reminded me to that of performances at the beginning of the season. Passing, movement, creativity and communication were all missing yesterday.

The only positvies I suppose I can take from the game is that we kept the score down to 4 and that we scored 2 goals and hit the post about 3 or 4 times and had some other chances but the truth is that those moments came through individual attacks not team attacks.

They played better football than us and we chased the game to begin with but when we got the ball we didn't play our game, we were too slow to support the forwards which is why many times we had an attack with 1 player against 3 which resulted in us losing possession and the forwards were at fault many times for not coming back and defending and looking to take the ball to start an attack. The defenders are there to intercept the ball and give to a more creative player, not to intercept and try and create something himself. The 2 forward players must get closer to the defence to try and receive a pass.

The composure of the defence disappointed me a lot as we were nervous on the ball and instead of protecting the ball we let their players come to close us down and take the ball from us. Ball control let us down a lot and we were always second best when we played balls to feet going forward, they always got to the ball before us.

I was pissed off that I have been saying all season long that we should go for short corners but nobody ever does, we always blast the ball into the area and lose the ball.

We'll be having training if possible 2 times next weekend, Saturday and Sunday and both days we will concentrate on, 2 touch football, shooting, composure, ball control, corners, communication and movement.

Rant over.

Bobby on the bench

Aye, aye Cap'n.

As soon as we learn three things we'll be giving every team a tough game.

1. Pass the ball quickly and move to receive (not necessarily much, just enough to give a clear option). If they have to move to keep up with the movement we give to the ball those young bastards will tire earlier and leave themselves exposed sooner.

2. Take corners and free kicks. e.g. Short corner and a pass out to man coming in who shoots (doesn't need much practise).

3. Make the correct substitutions at the right time. If we think about who plays well where then perhaps we can make 'pairs'. Player B subs player A in the same position and vice versa. Thought about before and adapted to each game depending on who is actually playing the game. We loose shape too much.

Anyway, just some thoughts...

captaincunt wrote:I was very disappointed with the result and performance yesterday. I thought we could have given them more of a game. I know for a fact that we can play much better than that but yesterday's performance reminded me to that of performances at the beginning of the season. Passing, movement, creativity and communication were all missing yesterday.

The only positvies I suppose I can take from the game is that we kept the score down to 4 and that we scored 2 goals and hit the post about 3 or 4 times and had some other chances but the truth is that those moments came through individual attacks not team attacks.

They played better football than us and we chased the game to begin with but when we got the ball we didn't play our game, we were too slow to support the forwards which is why many times we had an attack with 1 player against 3 which resulted in us losing possession and the forwards were at fault many times for not coming back and defending and looking to take the ball to start an attack. The defenders are there to intercept the ball and give to a more creative player, not to intercept and try and create something himself. The 2 forward players must get closer to the defence to try and receive a pass.

The composure of the defence disappointed me a lot as we were nervous on the ball and instead of protecting the ball we let their players come to close us down and take the ball from us. Ball control let us down a lot and we were always second best when we played balls to feet going forward, they always got to the ball before us.

I was pissed off that I have been saying all season long that we should go for short corners but nobody ever does, we always blast the ball into the area and lose the ball.

We'll be having training if possible 2 times next weekend, Saturday and Sunday and both days we will concentrate on, 2 touch football, shooting, composure, ball control, corners, communication and movement.

Rant over.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum